That’s right…you read the title correctly, let’s make the perfect turmeric shot! This recipe is going to teach you how to make the perfect shot of turmeric goodness. It tastes amazing and is so good for you! Turmeric is a spice from the subcontinent of India that has amazing antioxidant properties ( check out our blog “The benefits of turmeric for your health and your skin”) and when ingested can help regulate your blood pressure, cleanse toxins from the bloodstream and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
So the idea behind this recipe is to literally drink the turmeric mixture as a shot.
Here’s what you’ll need :
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 50ml of your choice of milk ( dairy, almond, cashew, rice, soy, coconut)
- A spoon
- A shot glass or a regular sized glass is good too
Okay, so the original recipe uses cow’s milk because it does help in masking the taste of the turmeric which can be spicy and unique, especially if you’ve never had it before. I’ve seen my mom and grandma use water but that’s because they love to use turmeric. However, for my vegan friends, any nut milk will do just fine, almond milk works the best though!
- Add in approximately 50 ml of your choice of milk or water in a glass (preferably a shot glass)
- Take 1/8th tsp of turmeric powder and add to milk/water
- Stir until a golden yellow (make sure to stir until the turmeric powder is completely dissolved)
- Take your shot! Salut!
I would personally recommend doing this once a week. It helps strengthen your immune system and has so many other benefits for your health and your skin!